MCSE: Business Intelligence Bootcamp
| - December 16, 2016
Course # E-BI
Course Starts On: December 16, 2016 -
Length of the Course: 6 Days
Price: $3,245 – Click Here to Pre Register
- MCSA: SQL Server 2012
- 70-466: Implementing Data Models and Reports with Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- 70-467: Designing Business Intelligence Solutions with Microsoft SQL Server 2012
The Sage Group’ boot camps are geared towards providing students with the necessary skills and knowledge to not only pass the Microsoft Certification exams, but to also excel in their IT career paths. All of our boot camps are all-inclusive and include benefits such as:
- 100% Test Pass Guarantee
- All course materials, practice exams and official certification exams
- Onsite Prometric Testing Center
- Hands-on instruction by a certified instructor
- Breakfast and Lunch provided each day
- Airfare, lodging and transportation packages available (Option 2)
This boot camp is intended for business intelligence (BI) developers who focus on creating BI solutions that require implementing multi-dimensional data models, implementing and maintaining OLAP cubes, and creating information displays used in business decision making. It is also intended for business intelligence (BI) architects, who are responsible for the overall design of a BI infrastructure and how it relates to other data systems in use.
At Course Completion
After completing this boot camp, students will be able to:
- Describe the components, architecture, and nature of a BI solution.
- Create reports with Reporting Services.
- Create reusable report items that simplify self-service reporting.
- Manage report execution and delivery.
- Create a multidimensional database with Analysis Services.
- Implement dimensions in a cube.
- Implement measures and measure groups in a cube.
- Use MDX Syntax.
- Customize a cube.
- Implement a Tabular Data Model in PowerPivot.
- Use DAX to query a tabular model.
- Implement a Tabular Database.
- Use PowerView to create interactive data visualizations.
- Use Data Mining for Predictive Analysis.
The MCSE: Business Intelligence boot camp is 6 days of an intense deep dive into advanced concepts of SQL Server 2012 including implementing data models, reports & designing BI solutions with SQL Server 2012. Student will take two exams, which will incorporate Microsoft Courses: 10778 Implementing Data Models and Reports with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and 10780: Designing Business Intelligence Solutions with Microsoft SQL Server 2012. Prove that you have the skills and techniques needed to design, build, and deploy solutions that deliver more data to more people across the organization. Earning an MCSE: Business Intelligence certification will qualify you for a position as a BI and reporting engineer.
Build an analysis services database
- Design dimensions and measures
- Implement and configure dimensions in a cube
- Design a schema to support cube architecture
- Create measures
- Implement a cube
- Create Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) queries
- Implement custom logic in a data model
- Implement storage design in a multidimensional model
- Select an appropriate model for data analysis
Manage, maintain, and troubleshoot an SSAS database
- Analyze data model performance.
- Process data models
- Troubleshoot data analysis issues
- Deploy SSAS databases
- Install and maintain an SSAS instance
Build a tabular data model
- Configure permissions and roles in Business Intelligence Semantic Model (BISM)
- Implement a tabular data model
- Implement business logic in a tabular data model
- Implement data access for a tabular data model
Build a report with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Design a report
- Implement a report layout
- Configure authentication and authorization for a reporting solution
- Implement interactivity in a report
- Troubleshoot reporting services issues
- Manage a report environment
- Configure report data sources and datasets
Plan business intelligence (BI) infrastructure
- Plan for performance
- Plan for scalability
- Plan and manage upgrades
- Maintain server health
Design BI infrastructure
- Design a security strategy
- Design a SQL partitioning strategy
- Design a backup strategy
- Design a logging and auditing strategy
Design a reporting solution
- Design a Reporting Services dataset
- Manage Excel Services/reporting for SharePoint
- Design a data acquisition strategy
- Plan and manage reporting services configuration
- Design BI reporting solution architecture
Design BI data models
- Design the data warehouse
- Design a schema
- Design cube architecture
- Design fact tables
- Design BI semantic models
- Design and create MDX calculations
Design an ETL solution
- Design SSIS package execution
- Plan to deploy SSIS solutions
- Design package configurations for SSIS packages