Citrix XenDesktop 5 Administration
Course # CXD-202
Course Starts On: February 3, 2014 - March 24, 2014 - May 5, 2014 - June 16, 2014 -
Length of the Course: 5 Days
Price: $5,000 – Click Here to Pre Register
This course provides the foundation necessary for administrators to effectively centralize and manage desktops in the datacenter and deliver them as a service to users anywhere. Students will learn how to select a desktop delivery model for each user group based on their needs, build proof-of-concept and production XenDesktop environments, assign virtual desktops to users and customize the user experience through policies. This course also provides instruction on how to build a Provisioning services farm to enable single-image desktop management, and how to host virtual machines on the client device using Citrix XenClient.
Upon completion of this course, students are able to:
– Determine the best Flexcast delivery model for each user group.
– Build a XenDesktop proof-of-concept environment.
– Configure a XenServer host for desktop delivery.
– Build and configure a production XenDesktop site.
– Manage virtual desktops as a single entity by creating a desktop catalog.
– Modify a desktop image without impacting user productivity.
– Restrict or allow certain XenDesktop features using policies.
– Monitor site activity and troubleshoot issues in Desktop Director.
– Install and configure Provisioning services.
– Copy a desktop image to a virtual disk that can be streamed to virtual and physical target devices.
– Identify the XenClient infrastructure.
– Install and configure Synchronizer for XenClient.
This course is designed for IT professionals, such as server, network and system administrators, system engineers, analysts, consultants, architects Citrix Partner Network members.
Before taking this course, Citrix recommends that students have the following:
– A basic knowledge of the purpose and goals of virtualization technology
– An understanding of computing architecture, including network and storage devices, device drivers and operating systems
– Basic experience installing and administering Windows Server 2008 R2
– Basic understanding of server, desktop and application virtualization concepts
Provided is the outline for CXD-202-1:
Module 1: Introductions and Course Overview
Module 2: Introducing XenDesktop
Module 3: Configuring the Hypervisor for Desktop Delivery
Module 4: Installing and Configuring XenDesktop
Module 5: Managing Desktop Catalogs and Groups
Module 6: Customizing the User Experience
Module 7: Monitoring XenDesktop Sites
Module 8: Streaming Desktops to Virtual and Physical Machines
Module 9: Creating a Shared vDisk
Module 10: Administering Provisioning Services Components
Module 11: Delivering Local VM Desktops